Sunday, May 11, 2014

metallic wishes

metallic wishes

the wonders of embossing powders... especially the metallic ones in gold, silver and copper!


the bird cage die cut is from Cheery Lynn Designs - Bird Cage, whilst the sentiment is from Hero Arts - Good Luck stamp set


I die-cut the bird-cage on two pieces of card stock to give it added thickness. The die-cut was then sponged over with VersaMark, sprinkled with silver and gold embossing powders and heat-embossed. This process was repeated once again for a more pronounced metallic finish.
Similar process used for the 'wishing you the best' sentiment which was popped up using mounting tape.
Card was finished off with a string of pearls attached to the top of the bird cage.

2 comments:

  1. Wooow I love the metal look on your card...great using the embossing powder...I must try this...but unfortunately I have no die cut machine...must think with another idea...but I love your simply card and lovely look on the Metal challenge...great idea great card...if you have 5 minutes time maybe you like to see my card for this week challenge?It is number 12 to make you easier to find where is mine...I would be glad if you could leave me some love....hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea, really, love this !! Thanks for joining us at CASology!! I sure hope you are inspired to join us again this week, we have another FUN cure for you!!!

    ReplyDelete