Thursday, August 1, 2013

birthday wishes in color pencil


For Mo's Challenge #195, kraft paper is the required 'ingredient', and I'm so glad that this was the theme, otherwise I would not have tried coloring on kraft paper with my colored pencils, and what a revelation it was to see the colors layered up beautifully against the neutral background. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it in time for the challenge...

Instead, this card is going into the Penny Black's Beat the Heat challenge

* Image from Penny Black - You are a Peach cling stamp (from the talented Mo Manning's range) - was stamped on kraft paper, and colored using my Derwent Colorsoft colored pencils
* the circle was die-cut using Quickutz Nesting Doily Circles

close-up

2 comments:

  1. Aww such an adorable image and fabulous coloring with the pencils!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colored pencils are one of my faves to use and you used them brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete