Sunday, June 30, 2013

you color my life in zesty orange and green

This is the 2nd card which I am entering for this week's Paper Smooches - Picture Perfect Challenge, the ink splotches and 'you add color to my life' sentiment were inspired by the picture below.


And it so happens that Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger challenge this week is - Scene in Tangerine (look at picture below) - with colors in yellow, orange and green - which accounts for the color choice for my card - cheerful, bright and bound to bring on a smile!


To make the card:
* the background was stamped with Hero Arts Chevron cling stamp, using Kaleidacolor's rainbow dye inkpad (Melon Melody) - I love how the colors are combined so well together and provide that smooth transition from one color to the next
* the notebook page was die-cut from white cardstock using Paper Smooches - Notebook Bracket die-cut
* the random ink splotches and sentiment comes also from Paper Smooches - I Heart Art stamp set
* the notebook page was then colored lightly using Pebbles Inc - chalks and edged-colored too for definition
* finally, the same was affixed to the chevron stamped paper at the right hand bottom corner with mounting tape, and the whole thing was then affixed with double-sided tape to the lime green cardstock

And finally, I just found out that Simon Says Stamp Challenge for this week is 'Anything Goes' - and so I'm submitting this card along to play as well.

7 comments:

  1. This is a really creative way to interpret the challenge...I LOVE THAT! I call it going ROGUE and it's my favorite thing to do! awesome...Thanks for playing PS Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that chevron background! Great take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for summer. Love your take on the trigger. Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card! I LOVE the splatters-- I really need to ink up that stamp set! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with our Picture Perfect challenge! I hope you join in the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week-- it's a sketch:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love those chevrons. A perfect match for the TT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Catherine! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete